Who qualifies for an RIR?

Since an RIR is an accelerated version of the normal Labor Certification process, anytime a Labor Certification applies, an RIR may also apply, provided the RIR requirements are met. This includes immigration petitions involving professionals with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Abilities (EB-2), excluding NIWs or National Interest Waivers, and petitions for professionals with bachelor degrees, skilled workers, and unskilled workers (EB-3).

Immigration petitions in the following categories do NOT require a Labor Certification/RIR:

  • All Family-Based immigration petitions
  • Aliens with Extraordinary Abilities, Outstanding Researchers/Professors, and Intra-Company Transferees for Multi-National Executives (EB-1)
  • National Interest Waivers (NIW) (Special type of EB-2 case)
  • Investors (EB-5)

For more information on RIR, please click on the following links:
Mergers and Acquisitions
Priority Date
Length of Process
RIR vs. LC
RIR vs. H-1B
Required Documents
Flow Chart
Frequently Asked Questions about RIR
Services that We Provide
Attorney's Fees
Articles & News on RIR

Adjustment of Status | Adoption | Advance Parole | Application Fees | Asylum & Removal | Business Entities | Corporate Clients | Consular Processing | Divorce | E-1 & E-2 | EAD | F-1 | Family Immigration | FAQs | Forms | Investor Visa | Immigration Glossary |
K Visa
| L Visa | Marriage | Naturalization | Non-immigrant Visas | O-1 | Processing Time | Road to Green Card | TN | Visa Bulletin

"The best way to
predict your future is
simply to create it."
- Peter Drucker.

Copyright © 1999-2005. Zhang & Associates, P.C. All Rights Reserved
New York   Houston Chicago Austin Los Angeles  
Tel: 1.800.230.7040 • E-mail: info@hooyou.comPrivacy Policy