Sign up for our Email Newsletter


Immigration Library

We provide the comprehensive on-line immigration law library...

Read More

Our Services

We are dedicated to provide all aspects of US immigration services and counseling...

Read More

Free Seminars

We are committed to educating those interested in learning U.S immigration laws ...

Read More

Practical Tips for Obtaining a K-3 or K-4 Visa

Proof of the Marriage:

Even though the K-3 applicant is expected to provide a copy of the marriage certificate from the country the marriage took place in, the U.S. Consulate may wish for additional proof of the genuineness of the marriage. Bringing wedding photos would be helpful to establish this.


It is prudent to be mindful of the rule regarding children of alien spouses. The rule states that in order for an alien spouse’s child to be the legal child of a U.S. citizen, the marriage between the foreign spouse and the U.S. citizen must have occurred before the child’s 18th birthday.

Keep Copies of Documents:

It is possible that USCIS or the U.S. Consulate Office may lose your documents, and even if this is only temporary, they are much easier to track and replace if you have copies of all of your original documents. As well, recording the dates of the submission of your documents will help provide proof that you did indeed submit them.


For more detailed information on K-3/K-4, including minimum requirements and USCIS policies, please click on the relevant links on this page: