What is an Employment Authorization Document?

An Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is a document issued by the USCIS to authorize an alien to work in the U.S. for a period of time, usually one year. It is also called a work permit. It takes the form of a card with the alien's name, photo, and work eligibility expiration date. With the EAD, an alien may legally work in the United States for any employer.

For information about the Employment Authorization Document (EAD), please click on one of the following topics below:
Who is eligible for an EAD?
Who does not need the EAD to be employed?
How to apply
Appeal after an application is denied
What is an Interim EAD?
What is the difference between an EAD and Labor Certification?
What are the necessary supporting documents to apply for an EAD?
EAD and a Pending I-485
How much are the attorney fee and the filing fee?
EAD Issues in the Latest Z&A Memo
Frequently asked questions and answers about EAD


Adjustment of Status | Adoption | Advance Parole | Application Fees | Asylum & Removal | Business Entities | Corporate Clients | Consular Processing | Divorce | E-1 & E-2 | EAD | F-1 | Family Immigration | FAQs | Forms | Investor Visa | Immigration Glossary |
K Visa
| L Visa | Marriage | Naturalization | Non-immigrant Visas | O-1 | Processing Time | Road to Green Card | TN | Visa Bulletin

"The best way to
predict your future is
simply to create it."
- Peter Drucker.

Copyright © 1999-2005. Zhang & Associates, P.C. All Rights Reserved
New York   Houston Chicago Austin Los Angeles  
Tel: 1.800.230.7040 • E-mail: info@hooyou.comPrivacy Policy