Sign up for our Email Newsletter


Immigration Library

We provide the professional
and comprehensive on-line immigration law library...

Read More

Our Services

We are dedicated to provide
all aspects of US immigration services and counseling...

Read More

Based Consultation

Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to providing fast and professional service ...

Read More

Free Seminars

We are committed to educating those interested in learning U.S immigration laws ...

Read More

What Kinds of Supporting Documents are needed for the Petition?

The documents needed for the immigration petition (Form I-130) are as follows:

  1. Copy of the U.S. citizen's Birth Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship;
  2. The U.S. citizen's birth certificate showing the name of both parents; and
  3. The bother or sister's birth certificate showing the name of both parents.

The documents needed for an adjustment of status application (Form I-485) are as follows:

  1. Two recent identical color photos of the brother or sister;
  2. Medical exam report I-693 and supplement of the brother or sister (sealed);
  3. Evidence of financial condition of the brother or sister if he or she has a job:
    --- Job letter on business letterhead;
    --- W-2 forms for past three years;
  4. Evidence of financial support for the brother or sister:
    --- The sponsor's employment verification letter on business letterhead;
    --- The sponsor's W-2 forms for past three years;
  5. Copy of the brother or sister's passport, visas, and I-94;
  6. Documents showing the brother or sister's legal status after coming to the U.S., such as child's I-797, I-20, IAP-66, where applicable; and
  7. Birth certificate.

For more information on brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens, please click on the following links: