How to apply for an EAD

An EAD application (USCIS Form I-765) based on an employment-based I-485, F-1 OPT, J-2 status, K status, Refugee status, Asylee status,  E status, or L-2 status should be filed at either the Phoenix or Dallas Lockbox, depending on where the alien lives:

Aliens living in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam, or the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands should file the above mentioned I-765s at the Phoenix Lockbox.

Aliens living in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, or West Virginia should file the above mentioned I-765s at the Dallas Lockbox.

An EAD application based on a family-based I-485 or Deferred Action should be filed at the Chicago Lockbox, regardless of where the alien lives.

(Updated 10/10/2012 by AD)

For more information about the Employment Authorization Document (EAD), please click on one of the following topics below: