E-2 Treaty Investor Information

An E-2 Treaty Investor visa is available to someone who is a citizen or national of a treaty country and who wishes to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the operation of an enterprise in which he or she has invested or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital. If the applicant is not the principal investor, he or she must be employed in a supervisory, executive, or highly specialized capacity. Ordinary skilled and unskilled workers do not qualify.

The applicant can obtain E-2 status either in the United States or outside the United States through different application procedures.

The applicant who is already in the United States in another non-immigrant status should file Form I-129 and I-129E to change to E visa status. The current filing fee is $130. For information regarding USCIS processing time, click here . There is currently a premium processing option for an additional $1,000 paid to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The USCIS will process the application within 15 calendar days from receipt of the application. Processing the application does not mean that there will necessarily be a final decision within 15 days, but that there will be a response after this time. This response may be a petition approval; a denial or it may also include a request for additional documentation from the petitioner or the employer.

If filing an application at consular post outside the United States, most people should use Form DS 156 and Supplement E. Applicant must provide supporting evidence of the investment to apply for the E-2 visa. The applicant can use the E-2 visa to enter the United States and be admitted.

For more information on the E-2 category, please click one of the following links:
Duration of E-2 visa, Stay and Extension
Visa Re-issuance
Terms and conditions of an E-2 visa
Family Benefits
U.S. Port of Entry
Change to E-2 classification in the United States
USCIS Processing Time
The timescale for us to prepare for an E-2 application
Attorney fee
Change to Other Non-immigrant Status
Frequently Asked Questions About E-2 Visa

Adjustment of Status | Adoption | Advance Parole | Application Fees | Asylum & Removal | Business Entities | Corporate Clients | Consular Processing | Divorce | E-1 & E-2 | EAD | F-1 | Family Immigration | FAQs | Forms | Investor Visa | Immigration Glossary |
K Visa
| L Visa | Marriage | Naturalization | Non-immigrant Visas | O-1 | Processing Time | Road to Green Card | TN | Visa Bulletin

"The best way to
predict your future is
simply to create it."
- Peter Drucker.

Copyright © 1999-2005. Zhang & Associates, P.C. All Rights Reserved
New York   Houston Chicago Austin Los Angeles  
Tel: 1.800.230.7040 • E-mail: info@hooyou.comPrivacy Policy