Visas for Family Members of Q Visa Holders

There is no derivative visa category for spouses and children of the beneficiary of a Q petition. Spouses and/or children who wish to accompany the Q visa holder to the United States for the duration of the program are required to qualify for visas on their own behalf. If they wish to work, they require work visas; if they wish to study, they require student visas. Those who have no intention of working or studying may apply for tourist (B-2) visas. If the spouse and/or child will not apply for visas at the same time as the principal applicant, they will be required to furnish a copy of the principal applicant's visa with their application.

(Updated 10/09/12 by NT)

For more information on Q visa, please click one of the following topics: