Aliens in the United States may apply for Advance Parole if they have:
- An application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) pending;
- Been admitted as a refugee or have been granted asylum;
- Been granted benefits under the Family Unity Program;
- Been granted Temporary Protected Status;
- An asylum application pending; or
- An emergent personal or bona fide reason to travel temporarily abroad.
Aliens in the United States are not eligible for Advance Parole if they are:
- In the United States without a valid immigration status;
- In possession of a previously issued reentry permit or refugee travel document which is still valid, unless it was returned to USCIS or it is demonstrated that it was lost;
- An exchange alien subject to the foreign residence requirement;
- The beneficiary of a private bill; or
- Under removal proceedings.
(Updated 10/11/2012 by AD)
For more information on Advance Parole, please click on one of the following topics: