Sign up for our Email Newsletter


Immigration Library

We provide the professional
and comprehensive on-line immigration law library...

Read More

Our Services

We are dedicated to provide
all aspects of US immigration services and counseling...

Read More

Based Consultation

Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to providing fast and professional service ...

Read More

Free Seminars

We are committed to educating those interested in learning U.S immigration laws ...

Read More

What kind of documents are needed for the petition?

The documents needed for the immigration petition (Form I-130) are as follows:

  1. Copy of the U.S. citizen's Birth Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship; and
  2. The U.S. citizen's birth certificate showing the name of both parents.

The documents needed for adjustment of status application (Form I-485) are as follows:

  1. Two recent identical color photos of the alien parent;
  2. Medical exam report I-693 and supplement of the alien parent (sealed);
  3. Evidence of financial condition of the alien parent, if he or she has a job:
    ---  Job letter on business letterhead;
    ---  W-2 forms for past three years;
  4. Evidence of financial support for the alien parent:
    ---  The sponsor's employment verification letter on business letterhead;
    ---  The sponsor's W-2 forms for past three years;
  5. Copy of the alien parent's passport, visas, and I-94;
  6. Documents showing the alien parent's legal status after coming to the U.S., such as the alien parent's I-797, I-20, IAP-66, where applicable; and
  7. Birth certificate.

For more information on parents of U.S. citizens, please click on the following links:

Zhang & Associates, P.C. | Copyright © 2009. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: 1.800.230.7040 ■ E-mail: ■ Privacy Policy