Citizenship Changes

The bill offers a number of changes in the manner in which legal permanent residents can become US Citizens. These changes make it easier for some legal permanent residents to become US Citizens and also provide a provision for foreign born adopted children to become US Citizens.

  • In order to promote the conversion of legal permanent residents to American citizens, the bill would provide $500 to a legal permanent resident who intends to apply for citizenship and needs money to pay for preparation for the English exam.
  • Legal permanent residents showing they are fluent in English will be able to fulfill the residency requirements for citizenship after only four years, not five.
  • Provision to allow foreign born adopted children to receive same procedural treatment as biologically children born abroad.  This includes giving citizenship to foreign born adopted children like biological children would be given it.

Border Enforcement
Interior Enforcement
Unlawful Employment of Aliens
Visa Reforms
Work Authorization and Legalization of Undocumented Aliens
Dream Act
Citizenship Changes
Frequently Asked Questions
What You Can Do to Help

Adjustment of Status | Adoption | Advance Parole | Application Fees | Asylum & Removal | Business Entities | Corporate Clients | Consular Processing | Divorce | E-1 & E-2 | EAD | F-1 | Family Immigration | FAQs | Forms | Investor Visa | Immigration Glossary |
K Visa
| L Visa | Marriage | Naturalization | Non-immigrant Visas | O-1 | Processing Time | Road to Green Card | TN | Visa Bulletin

"The best way to
predict your future is
simply to create it."
- Peter Drucker.

Copyright © 1999-2005. Zhang & Associates, P.C. All Rights Reserved
New York   Houston Chicago Austin Los Angeles  
Tel: 1.800.230.7040 • E-mail: info@hooyou.comPrivacy Policy